A Year in the Life of Fringe
Fringe began his series titled FACSIMILES in June 2020. The artist’s process was to release a single print per month for a year. In content, the prints speak about the power and powerlessness of words and serve as personal, sometimes indefinite responses to real events in his life. FACSIMILES are, by definition, ‘exact copies of written or printed material,’ and this the artist presents as messages from a place of introspection.
The series therefore functions as a long-running narrative, of sometimes subversive quotes from questioning and questionable sources. It performs as a facsimile of messages, taking us back to a time before social media, namely, the time of the old-fashioned fax, and driving us forward with cryptic clues, to the present day.
- REDACTION – release June 2020
- BELIEVING – release July 2020
- PLAYTIME – release August 2020
- THE BIG APPLE – release September 2020
- IS ART REALLY ANYTHING YOU CAN GET AWAY WITH? – release October 2020
- ELEVEN ELEVEN – release November 2020
- MEIN EYGENE OIGEN – release December 2020
- AUTHORITY VS VELOCITY – release January 2021
- OUR ONLY TERM – release February 2021
- A LEISURELY MANIFESTO – release March 2021
- F&*K THAT NOISE – release April 2021
- I don’t get lost – Release May 2021